I am a qualified Polish Language Translator and the proud owner of POLLINGUA – Translation, Localization, Interpretation & Language Consulting Service based in Redmond, Washington USA.
I provide translation, web site and software localization, linguistic testing, editing, proofreading and interpretation services from English into Polish Language (my native language).
My goal is to always deliver the best quality translation. I strive to have my customers happy. Here is a list of my primary services and qualifications:
- Over 10 years of translating, localizing, language testing and interpreting experience including over the phone and Videoconference interpretation
- Practical knowledge of Wordfast, Passolo and Trados including Multiterm and Win-Align as well as other CAT tools
- Certified by Washington State DSHS as Social Services and Medical Interpreter
- Professional, pleasant presence, excellent communication and customer service abilities
- Very profficient in English with deep understanding of American culture
- Experienced in research (using a number of specialized and language specific resources)
- Notary Public licensed in Washington State
MY AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- General correspondence: letters, personal documents
- Official documents: certificates, forms
- General business, marketing
- Academic (Social sciences, arts, humanities)
- Social services, HR, Education, Business/corporate compliance
- General Medical: forms, instructions, records
- IT and telecommunications
- Journalism (into Polish only)
- Project Management
- Other subject areas upon request
MY PROFFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS:
- Software Localization Project Management Certificate Program, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, (2002)
- Seminars offered by Bellevue Community College, NOTIS and WITS: (Medical Interpretation - 2000, Terminology Management - 2001, Interpeting for Depositions - 2002)
- All non language specific courses from Translation & Interpretation Program Bellevue Community College, Bellevue, WA (2001)
- Classes from Web Design/Graphic Design Program, Seattle Central Community College, Seattle, WA (2000)
- Master’s Degree in Education & Social Work, University of Lodz, Poland (1992)
MY COMPUTER SKILLS:
- Microsoft Office: Outlook, MS Word, Excel, etc.
- Microsoft Internal Tools: Localization Studio (versions 4.8 and 6.12), Product Studio 2.20, BLT, TFS
- CAT tools such as: SDL Trados 2007, Wordfast Pro, Passolo, etc.
You can view my CV as well as professional recommendations on LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/kashalit
Additional references are available upon request.